Fisher Farm Residential Association Ltd. has been supporting individuals with development disabilities for over 30 years in Olds and surrounding areas.
Currently, we are seeking professional individuals who demonstrate a strong work ethic, are compassionate and are able to work either alone or as a part of a team.
5019 49 Avenue Olds, AB T4H 1E7
· Drivers license and reliable vehicle with proof of current registration and 2 million liability coverage.
· Current and clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
· CPR/First Aid.
· Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends, overnights and day time shifts.
· Good communication and computer skills would be an asset.
· Part time and full time positions available.
· Various shifts available.
· Company benefit plan after 3 months of employment.
· Competitive wages.
· The agency will provide the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and training around its use.
· Ensure individuals have adequate and necessary supports while focusing on skill development and independence.
· Participation with the individual and their support network as appropriate to foster success.
· Flexible and adaptable to support the ongoing needs of individuals.
· Ability to adapt to new and changing regulations.
· Medication administration and personal care support to individuals.
· Making of appointments, transportation and accompaniment if necessary.
· Accurate and respectful documentation.
· General household duties including cleaning to specified standards shopping, budgeting and preparation of nutritious meals.
· Actively engage and mentor while in the community to model behaviour that aligns with values, policies, culture and procedures associated with Fisher Farm Residential Association Ltd.
· Create and maintain a professional relationship with the individuals to ensure they are included in the decision making process.
· Provides physical care as requires which could include bathing, toileting, feeding, cooking and dressing as necessary.
· Support the individual in all aspects of personal care while ensuring the maintenance of their dignity and privacy at all times.
· Behaviour tracking, incident reporting, completion of daily log notes.
· Participation alongside the individual being supported and taking part in activities such as swimming, bowling and outdoor activities.
· Attend team, agency and committee meeting as scheduling permits.
· Establish and maintain effective communication with individuals, co-workers, guardians, work and volunteer placements, agency and all other stakeholders.
· Maintain high ethical and professional standards and work together as a team at all times.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite all to apply. While experience and training in FASD, Diabetes, Epilepsy, MHFA, ASIST, PBS, Abuse, and Medication Administration are preferred, we are willing to fully train the right applicants.
We thank all those who apply. Please note that only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Please send resume to email@example.com quoting Proprietor/ Support Home Operator
Support Home Operator In Olds, AB
We are looking for a support home in Olds and surrounding areas.
Fisher Farm Residential Association Ltd. (FFRA) was established in 1988 to provide the highest quality of services to people with Developmental Disabilities. Our services are highly individualized and tailored to the needs of each individual. We ensure the needs of the individual are met through a strong team approach where the individual, guardian, front line and management staff work together as partners. We offer training and a supportive team environment, competitive wages and benefits.
FFRA is looking to fill a SUPPORT HOME PROVIDER position. The successful candidate will be supporting an adult with development disabilities. Working as part of a team you will be providing daily living supports for an individual with disabilities. Care is provided 24 hours per day in a residential setting. The incumbent would be expected to provide individuals with a high quality of life. “A support home provides adults with development disabilities the option of residing in a family home environment which supports their desires and dreams and provides individual skill development and personal growth opportunities.” A support home is a residential environment where the individual is included within the family in a natural environment where he or she is included in both home and family related activities and experiences while supporting the lifestyles and choices of the individual.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Implement the activities outlined in the Individual Service Plan (ISP).
· Closely follow agency philosophy and values in all aspects of service delivery, attend support team meetings, bringing forward information or concerns regarding the individuals service;
· Keep daily logs and documentation;
· Assist with and/or accompany individuals to appointments as required;
· Ensure that the individuals health, safety and well being are maintained at all times
· Assist the individual in any area they may require assistance in
· Any other duties relevant to the position and individuals needs as may be required
· Key responsibilities will include basic health care, personal care, administering medications, following all plans and instructions. This opportunity typically is to assist with achieving their personal goals in personal living skills while maximizing independence and managing vulnerabilities.
The Ideal candidate:
Will be responsible to assist individual with community activities, administering medication and ensuring the safety and wellness of the individual along with another support staff, First Aid and experience with medications, must have a class 5 Alberta license, house insurance and reliable transportation with $2 million liability insurance.
A MONTHLY SUPPORT HOME AMOUNT; ROOM AND BOARD.
Police Clearance, Training, Written References. Ability to provide stability and dedication to the position.
A document on the philosophy of a support home is available.
Please submit resume by email for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2021 Fisher Farm Residential Assoc - All Rights Reserved.
Resources, Activities and Information provided is for use at your own discretion. FFRA does not assume liability for use, misuse or misinterpretation of views expressed outside of www.ffra.ca FFRA does not receive any monetary or other compensation from resources and links provided.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder
Mental Health Helpline:1-877-303-2642
Adults can text WELLNESS to 686868
Kids Help Phone:1-800-668-6868
Kids can text CONNECT or TALK
Be informed on how you can protect yourself and others from novel coronavirus: Self isolate if you're feeling sick; Wash your hands frequently; Cover coughs and sneezes; Avoid touching your face; Wear your mask. Get vaccinated. Concerns about your health?
Call Health Link 811